RESTORING BALANCE is a TOTAL BODY equine physical therapy technique combining massage therapy, trigger point therapy, acupressure and chiropractic adjusting. My RESTORING BALANCE TOTAL BODY program benefits all horse breeds and disciplines. Please see the Services page for more information about all my physical therapy techniques.
Why Equine Physical Therapy?
This therapy technique goes beyond massage therapy, including trigger point therapy and chiropractic adjustments. Giving you and your horse a better chance at success on the trail and in the show ring.
Here Are a Few Signs of Performance or Behavioral Problems:
- Stiffness on one rein or to one side
- Poor or reduced performance
- Uneasy or abnormal posture
- Lameness after a fall, stumbles or slips
- Dipping, flinching, violent tail swishing
- Girth discomfort
- Bucking, rearing, not wanting saddle on
- Refusing to stand still when being mounted
- Unevenness of steps
- Bad Attitude
Tight muscles, muscle spasms, or spinal misalignment can cause these problems. Muscle spasm occurs when a muscle is fatigued or over extended. The muscle loses its ability to fully extend and movement is shortened. When a vertebrae rotates out of its natural alignment, this causes pain and muscle spasms.
Benefits of Physical Therapy
- Relieves pain
- Relieves tension and muscle spasms
- Improves circulation promoting more rapid healing
- Reduces inflammation and swelling
- Increases the production of synovial fluid
- Increases the horse’s range of motion
- Lengthens connective tissue
- Improves energy flow
Restoring Balance is meant to be a supportive therapy and is not a substitute for Veterinary medicine. You should consult your Veterinarian for any questions, concerns, or health needs of your horses.